Recognising your motherly powers!
As a mother, it is easy to get stuck on autopilot and get caught up in the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of motherhood, forgetting how much of an impact you make on the lives of others.
“The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” James E. Faust
Make this Mother’s Day the start of a new, long term habit and take time out to reflect on your wants and needs. By caring for your mind, body, spirit, and emotions, you will feel better and be able to nurture and grow feelings of empowerment and positivity on your path to spiritual growth and rediscovery.
Show yourself some self-love and self-appreciation for your strength and wisdom as a mother:
- Rest & relaxation – Recharge your batteries and give yourself some well-deserved alone time. Light some candles, take a bath and listen to some of your favourite songs. Pick up that book you’ve been meaning to read for months or just take a stroll in the park.
- Positive affirmations – Repeat a few positive statements to yourself each day to help you reflect on all the positive things you can do or have done as a mother. This will help you challenge and overcome negative or self-sabotaging thoughts and set you on the path to make positive changes in life.
- Learn something new – Is there something you’ve always wanted to take up as a hobby? Photography, learning a new instrument, teaching, learning a new skill? Tell those around you about your passions so they can give you the support you need, so you have the physical time to take up your hobby.
- Mentally & physically declutter – Decluttering not only helps give you physical space, but it’s good for your mental health. Cleansing your mental and physical space will help you focus, feel inspired, relieve stress, and open your mind up to new opportunities.
- Catch-up with friends – The simple act of catching up with friends, whether it’s a phone call, video chat or a quick bite to eat can do wonders for confidence and self-esteem. Having a shoulder to lean on and someone to talk to about your worries and hopes, give us the chance to reflect upon situations and challenges from alternative perspectives.
By taking time out, even just for 5 minutes to practice self-care, we can reconnect with ourselves and recognise the unique ways we have helped others grow on our journeys as mothers.
What about Mother Nature?
“Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” Gerard De Nerval
Our connection with Mother Nature and the earth is one of the strongest connections we have with the world. She provides us with food and water, a place to breathe, play, learn and think about our lives. She gives us the raw materials we need to clothe ourselves and the space we need to grow into the people we want to be.
Give some time and love back to mother nature this Mother’s Day and give thanks for all she has provided us with:
- Practice mindfulness – Take a walk in the park, venture on a hike, look out of the window and appreciate the world and nature around you and say thank you.
- Grow & nurture – Give something back to mother nature. Sow some seeds, plant some flowers or vegetables, or even volunteer to help at a wildlife sanctuary.
- Recycle – If there is something you no longer need, don’t throw it away if it’s in good condition. Swap it with a friend, donate it to charity or see if you can recycle or upcycle it.
- Say thank – Tell her loud and clear each day so she knows you appreciate the sustainability she provides in life.
A time to reflect & reconnect
A mother’s recognition on Mother’s Day goes beyond cards, flowers, chocolates, and trinkets. For many, Mother’s Day is a time for reflection and remembrance. With lockdowns, restrictions and social distancing, the importance of showing gratitude to the maternal figures in our lives, becomes ever more significant. On this day, it is also important for mothers to take a step back and reflect upon the positive impact they’ve made on the lives of loved ones and how their memories and lessons they’ve taught them continue to help others grow spiritually and mentally.
If you’re looking for something different this Mother’s Day, why not treat yourself or a loved one to a Psychic Email Reading – the perfect way to get insight and guidance you can keep forever. Request a reading HERE.